Thursday, May 1, 2014

No News is Good News

Just realized it's been almost a whole week since I've posted anything on here. And glad to report that it's because there hasn't been much to post about!

Still eating roughly the same foods as I have been. And have actually maintained since Saturday! I pretty much just had broiled beef patties for dinner Friday night, Saturday lunch and Saturday dinner. I had an egg with some bacon Saturday and Sunday mornings (replacing the OJ with diluted grape juice). Sunday, I had a favorite of mine that I've discovered in this journey: bacon-wrapped chicken and zucchini 'chips' (still working out the kinks on those, but they're even good when they're mushy).

The exciting part is the fact that I worked in sweet potatoes with my burgers Friday and Saturday. And even slid in a couple slices of Swiss cheese, too! And enjoyed a little juice glass of some fresh-squeezed strawberry lemonade Sunday!

Monday, I just continued with much of the same diet as I'd had over the weekend.

Tuesday, I had a couple of fried eggs and bacon, but added in some cheddar cheese and switched up the bacon to a more smokey version (though, still same brand and same ingredients - need to be sure there's no sugar added). And due to a nagging sweet tooth, had a little swig of orange juice right before bed.
Not sure if it was too many new things at once or if it was just one of them, but I did go back to having a little bit of blood Wednesday morning, but not much at all. And that was the first time since last Friday. And I felt good the rest of the day!

Last night, I wanted to change-up my chicken a bit, so threw it in a bowl of olive oil, red wine vinegar and Italian seasoning and (apparently because my appetite is back with a vengenance since I've been feeling better) I ended up eating an entire head of cauliflower with that! I had also used some grass-fed butter for that. So, again, not sure if it was throwing new things into the mix (even though it was all technically 'legal') or overindulging or what.... but had a little greater amount of blood this morning. So, trying to reel it back in today. And not get so carried away with quantity or new items. Just hard to rein it in when you miss food! And your appetite comes back so heartily!

I am excited that I've put about 6 lbs back on in a week's time! Feels good just to keep something in me again!

I've also gotten some good supplements in that I'm anxious to get going on... L-Glutamine, which is supposed to work wonders... and I also got the hook-up with some VSL#3, which is one of the top probiotic products on the market! (Thanks, Gary!) I also got some Valerian Root, just to have on hand, because I read several accounts that claim that it's a good herbal supplement for those restless nights... I just hope I don't need that one too badly or too often - as it smells like the strongest, smelliest feet that ever walked the earth! Blech! I can't imagine choking those down!

Been finding lots more good recipes on Pinterest, too. Mostly Paleo and all very promising. Just hopeful now to get to the point of being able to try them out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment