Tuesday, July 8, 2014

As Seen on TV...

I've been wanting to try the whole Zucchini 'Pasta' thing.
So, when Mom saw the Veggetti at the store, she thought of me. And she gave it to me as a token for watching over the house, pool and yard while they were out of town a couple weeks ago. 


I'll admit, I've actually been a little intimidated by it, but decided I would give it a whirl this week. I bought a bunch of zucchini last night and finally opened the Veggetti up tonight. I found a little inspiration from PaleoGrubs.com for a Pesto Zucchini 'Pasta'. 

I thought just a plain pesto would need a bit more jazzing up, so roasted some cherry tomatoes... and it worked! Made the pesto I had done for the Spaghetti Squash a while back, stirred it in with the zucchini 'pasta' and sauteed that, just to warm it through and soften it up a bit. Then tossed in the tomatoes. (Topped it off with my old favorite 'Six Cheese Blend', though I don't plan on buying anymore of that. I just had a little bit left from my 'old culinary life'.)


It was pretty good! Very light and refreshing and what little bit is left will be good with some chicken tomorrow night. I think next time, I might throw it in the oven, because I'd still prefer a more tender 'pasta', but will definitely be revisiting this one!


1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention you were "watching over" the grill, too!

    ReplyDelete