Saturday, January 31, 2015

Resource Guide

One of the reasons I started this blog was to be able to track... and share... any resources I've come across that I have found to be useful in my journey in fighting back my UC with diet.

So, without further adieu... My top 5 picks, in no particular order:


I Have UC - Adam Scheuer
www.ihaveuc.com

This one was one of the first sites I found and I am so thankful for that.
Adam's is one of the success stories that I have held onto (especially through those rough months I had last year). His website is very community-driven, which promotes both a wealth of knowledge and encouragement. He also invites you to order his free ebook "Feeling Crappy to Feeling Happy" - a GREAT read! And offers an accompanying cookbook "Cooking for Ulcerative Colitis". Both are wonderful resources! But, more than anything, with Adam, I just appreciate the encouragement. He and his followers remind you that you're not in this battle alone. 


Against All Grain - Danielle Walker


Danielle Walker is another one whose success story I have grabbed a hold of during difficult times.
She started with the blog and now has 2 best-selling cookbooks in print as well as, at least one that I know of, Kindle cookbook. "Against All Grain" was quickly followed by "Meals Made Simple" and both have seen great success, being well-received nationwide as a guide to eating Paleo. She's also great about sharing details about which ingredients (and brands) she has the most success in using and offers menu planning ideas and such. But, again, what I treasure most about Danielle is her story. A story of rallying from such sickness back into the land of living - thanks to the Paleo lifestyle.




Oh my word! Such a great resource for recipes!!! I LOVE the Just Eat Real Food page on Facebook!
They post day in and day out and share such amazing recipe ideas (and articles) all day long! So many to choose from! They take a lot of the work out of looking for great food. Not only do you get a steady stream of recipes, you also discover a bunch of new resources! (Against All Grain is also featured on this page from time to time.) Awesome resource!




Renee is great. I mean, first of all, she's from Boston. That's a pretty solid start, in my eyes.  ;)
She posts throughout the day - recipe ideas, links to articles, encouragement by taking us through her Whole 30 challenges and well... daily chuckles, which are good for the soul.  :)  She's also great about responding if you have any questions.


Paleo Newbie
www.paleonewbie.com

Okay. So, I have to admit... This is actually one that I keep intending on getting more familiar with. She has a blog and a Facebook page, but where I see her most is on Pinterest. And she's always got Ah-mazing looking food on there! 


I am SOOOOOOO grateful to have SOO many great resources to tap into! Like I say, not only for the information, but for the encouragement! I look forward to discovering and sharing even more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment