Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Evening Treat

Had to go to the grocery store today to pick up a few things for the week...  more chicken breasts... more zucchini... more ground beef... (It really is a much quicker errand when you don't go down any aisles.) I was excited to see that Publix has expanded their grass-fed beef section! So, I treated myself to a steak tonight.

And as badly as it made me want a loaded baked potato and a nice glass of wine along with it, it still ended up being a pretty decent meal... smothered in some onions and garlic along side of some steamed cauliflower. And a nice glass of Welch's grape juice laced with some lovely L-Glutamine.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, overall. Your journey is not an easy one, and I SO feel for you and wish it wasn't as it is. Praying for your continued strength, physically and mentally, and improved health. LOTS of positive thoughts and love coming your way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn!
      Actually doing SOO SO much better (knock on wood!) these days. Was excited to be able to join my co-workers for a catered in Cinco de Mayo lunch yesterday. No tortillas, beans, rice or chips for me, but lots of good chicken, beef, pico de gallo and guacamole! :)
      Ready to branch out to a broader (though still restricted) diet now! Woo Hoo!

      Delete