Sunday, October 4, 2015

Breakfast of Champions

Fifteen years ago, I joined my Grandmother for a bus trip to Branson, MO. Not something a lot of 26 year olds would do, but I knew I'd have regretted it had I not gone with her and it did leave me with lots of fond memories.

It was about 4 days spent eating and taking in shows - 3 of each a day. Quite a grueling schedule. I could hardly keep up all those old folks!

The shows were great, but I enjoyed the food the most.

One place, in particular, was my favorite. It was called McFarlain's and they lived (and served) in keeping with the philosophy - 'Life is short! Eat dessert first!' When you ordered, they would bring out your dessert first and then once finished with that, would bring your soup/sandwich. I loved it! ... My  elder travel companions - notsomuch. Threw. Them. For. A. Loop!  However, my Traffic Jam Pie was so amazing, that could've been my only meal for the day and I would've been a happy camper.
(Oh my gosh - so, it's like cherries, strawberries, rhubarb and cranberries all together in a light sugary crust. SO delicious!! Sighhhhhh...)

Anyway. I thought of that yesterday, as I was eating leftover Spaghetti for breakfast. 

I knew I needed a hearty meal before setting out for the day and really didn't want my ol' stand-by - Eggs and Bacon. So, I warmed up a bowl of spaghetti. And it was delicious. And held me over well until dinnertime.

Sometimes, eating Paleo, you just have to be willing to step out of the box and go against the norm. 

And sometimes, it's just better that way.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment